Sunday, July 19, 2009

I have an addiction!

My name is KT and I have a SERIOUS addiction. I can't stop making homemade ice-cream.

My newest and best so far flavor is cake batter, which I found here. Ohhh sooooo good! I feel a bit better about stuffing my face with it since I made it healthified!? Is that a word? It is in my dictionary!! Oddly enough, I am actually losing weight while on my ice-cream kick! The recipe is:

Cake Batter Ice Cream

1 cup whole milk, well chilled
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup Funfetti cake mix (I used a bit more b/c I LOVE the flavor)

Additional sprinkles

In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla, then add the cake mix, stirring well to make sure there aren’t any lumps.
Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturers instructions. Add more sprinkles, if desired(I added about 1/4 cup at the end)

I used FF milk, mostly Splenda and and a bit of sugar. The next time I make this, I am going to use some 1/2 and 1/2 in place of part of the cream. Trust me, it tasted soooooo creamy and rich, you would NEVER know it was "lite"! I have a serious addiction to Cold Stone's Cake Batter ice-cream and this tasted a thousand times better!!! You have to try this and check out Megan's blog-it is awesome! Good thing she lives in Vegas and has reasons to make butt-loads of ice-cream-what's my reason?!


6 comments:

Megan said...

Great to know the Splenda works - and I'm so glad you liked this - no, loved it!

crazigirl80 said...

I'm sitting on my couch eating the last bit....the batch lasted 1.5 days!! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Yum! I didn't see that you said what kind of ice cream maker you have? I have been wanting to get one for a while now.

Your ice cream looks so good! Yummy!

XOXO
Jen

Katie said...

Hi There! Thanks for your compliment on the Oreo Bark recipe card I have on my blog. It's not linked to download but if you send me your email address I will send it as a file to you. Your email isn't linked to your profile and this is an older post. I hope you see this:)

Stacey said...

OH. MY. GOOD. LORD. I had to restrain myself from liking the computer screen! Please come make this for me IMMEDIATELY!

Ready Set Create said...

I LOVE home made icecream!! My husband and I bought an ice cream maker last year and used it like crazy! I've never tried Splenda before, But I totally am now! Thanks for stopping by my blog. . . About my necklaces, I got the bails necklace from Hobby Lobby. . . I get everything there! :)
Hope you see this!
♥ Aleesha