Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Doing the watermelon crawl!

I am on a ice-cream/sorbet kick ever since I busted out my ice-cream maker. This can't be good for my diet, right? Maybe if I focus on the fact that I am getting in some dairy and fruit?! My latest creation is watermelon sorbet. Oh-so-good on a hot day. I was saying how we haven't had much hot weather here-I spoke too soon. It has been in the 90's. This sorbet totally hit the spot, is so easy to make AND is somewhat good for you. Without further ado:


Watermelon Sorbet
1 cup of sugar (I used 1/2 cup of splenda and 1/2 cup of sugar)
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cups of watermelon puree ( I added a bit more, about 3 1/2 cups total)

Heat sugar, water and juice on stove until dissolved. Let cool and add puree. I put the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes just to cool down a bit, but this isn't necessary. Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. I put the sorbet in a freezable container to harden it up a bit, but it tastes soooo good straight out the ice-cream maker. This is sooo refreshing on a hot day. You could also add some mini chocolate chips for "seeds"


This is what you start with:



This what it turns into:



This is what you eat!



This is how you know it's good!



After his 2nd bowl, on a sorbet high!! :)

No comments: