Saturday, December 6, 2008

Homemade Gift Ideas

These are two ornaments that I made for gifts for Christmas. The puzzle frame is a great one for grandparents/family. I got a puzzle from the Dollar Tree and was able to make six frames out of it. I spray painted the pieces green. I had the buttons on hand and found some cute ribbon. I used felt on the back to glue the picture onto. After I spray painted the puzzle pieces, I found the size circle I wanted, traced it onto wax paper and used it as my template. I glued the pieces so they would overlap. Once the frame dried, I pulled it off the wax paper and glued my felt, buttons and bow onto the frame. Finally, I added a loop to hang from and wrote the year on the back....grandparents get mad if I forget to do this!







The second ornament I made was using a clear glass ornament(again from the Dollar Tree) and glitter. My favorite glitter is Martha Stewart...it is soooo fine and sparkly! I used the eraser tip from a pencil, dipped into glue and just repeated all over the ball. I had to do one side, let it dry and then do the other. Add some cute ribbon and viola! It took several days, since I did multiple colors. I love the look of it, very sparkly!


1 comment: